Join KVH & our coalition of ThriveKY partners this year as we provide updates on state and federal policies that impact the health and wellbeing of Kentuckians. Speakers will discuss how to advocate for a stronger safety net through public assistance programs designed to support thriving communities.
THIS 2-HOUR SESSION WILL COVER:
- Important updates on the economy, Medicaid, KCHIP, SNAP, housing, transportation, child care, public health, behavioral health, and suicide prevention.
- New tools available to assist community members with meeting basic needs.
- Tips on being a more effective advocate in your community.
WHERE WILL WE BE?
*Each event will be held 10AM-12PM Local Time
**We recommend arriving 10-minutes early if you are able!
- July 12: Lexington, Northside Branch Lexington Public Library
- August 2: Louisville, Teamsters Local 783 Hall
- August 16: Bardstown, Nelson County-Bardstown Civic Center
- August 23: Independence, William E. Durr Branch Kenton County Public Library
- August 30: Paducah, McCracken County Public Library
- September 6: Hopkinsville, Hopkinsville-Christian County Public Library
- September 13: Bowling Green, Warren County Public Library Main Branch
- September 20: Somerset, Pulaski County Public Library Main Branch
- September 27: Corbin (Event will begin at 10:30AM), Corbin Public Library
- October 4: Whitesburg, Harry M. Caudill Memorial Library
- October 11: Paintsville, Johnson County Public Library
- October 18: Ashland, Boyd County Public Library MIDLAND Branch
- October 20: Owensboro, Green River Area Development District (GRADD) Office
- October 25: Flemingsburg, Fleming County Public Library
- November 1: West Liberty, Gateway Community Action Area Development District Boardroom
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Community leaders
- Public employees
- Nonprofit organizations
- Frontline service providers
- Outreach workers
- Faith leaders
- Those who serve their community
This will be a continuing education and/or professional development credit opportunity! During this community education series, we are continuing education providers for Certified Community Health Workers, social workers, FRYSCKYs, lawyers/attorneys, Alcohol & Drug Counselors, Licensed Marriage & Family Therapists, Pastoral Counselors, psychologists, art therapists and MORE.
For questions about continuing education, email email@example.com. For general registration questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to our sponsors! We can’t do this work without you. Interested in becoming a 2022 sponsor or expanding your current sponsorship? Email email@example.com for more information.
2022 Platinum Sponsors
2022 Silver Sponsors