Join KVH & our coalition of ThriveKY partners this year as we provide updates on state and federal policies that impact the health and wellbeing of Kentuckians. Speakers will discuss how to advocate for a stronger safety net through public assistance programs designed to support thriving communities.
THIS SESSION WILL COVER:
- Important updates on the economy, Medicaid, KCHIP, SNAP, housing, transportation, child care, public health, behavioral health, and suicide prevention.
- New tools available to assist community members with meeting basic needs.
- Tips on being a more effective advocate in your community.
WHERE WILL WE BE THIS YEAR? (click each date/location below to register)
- April 18th, Bowling Green
- May 23rd, Covington
- June 20th, Owensboro
- July 18th, Hazard
- August 15th, Morehead
- September 19th, Louisville
- October 17th, Lexington
- November 28th, Paducah
*Each event will begin 10AM Local Time. We recommend arriving 10 minutes early if you are able! WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Community leaders
- Public employees
- Nonprofit organizations
- Frontline service providers
- Outreach workers
- Faith leaders
- Those who serve their community
STAY TUNED! This will be a continuing education and/or professional development credit opportunity! During this community education series, we plan to become continuing education providers for Certified Community Health Workers and social workers, and will be coordinating for self-reporting needs to support FRYSCKYs, lawyers/attorneys, Alcohol & Drug Counselors, Licensed Marriage & Family Therapists, Pastoral Counselors, psychologists, art therapists and MORE in securing continuing education credits as well. For questions about continuing education, email email@example.com. For general registration questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in becoming a 2023 sponsor? Learn more HERE or email email@example.com for more information!