KVH seeks a full-time Operations Administrator responsible for daily operations including meeting and event planning, donor contact management and relations, office management and general support for programmatic activities.
Position: Operations Administrator
Reports to: Executive Director
Direct Reports: None
Location: The KVH office is located in Louisville, Ky. Hybrid.
- Implementation and maintenance of a newly acquired Contact Management System (CMS) – Salesforce – to track and engage supporters of the organization, including donors, sponsors, partners, and volunteers. Prior Salesforce experience not required.
- Serve on a team with the executive director and the director of communications & development to design an annual fundraising strategy. Provide support for elements of the campaign which includes the development of digital and printed mailings (i.e. thank you letters), managing timetables, tracking receipts and communicating with supporters.
- With the executive director, determine a system for tracking grant awards, deliverables and event-related income and activities. Responsible for maintaining this system with particular detail to grant requirements and coordinating with staff to ensure deadlines are met.
- Serve as the central contact person for supporters, answering and directing questions while building and maintaining relationships.
- Coordinate and support KVH events including internal and partner meetings, trainings, and the annual meeting. These are a mix of virtual and in person events held throughout the year. Coordination and support includes identifying venues, setting up and managing registration, coordinating catering and AV, materials preparation, and onsite support for in person events (some travel required).
- Manage and update the KVH website content using WordPress. Previous technical experience is desired, but training can be provided.
- Work with KVH’s website developers to ensure regular maintenance and to update page design and functionality as needed.
- Work with KVH staff and graphic designers to coordinate the production of materials and resources, such as business cards, envelopes, digital and print materials, etc.
- Responsible for administrative tasks such as: ordering and inventory of promotional materials (i.e. t-shirts), ordering and maintain office supplies, errands, and processing mail.
- Responsible for HR paperwork, such as retirement plan and HSA administration.
- Other duties as assigned by the executive director.
Minimum Requirements, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A bachelor’s degree or certificate program in a relevant field (business or nonprofit management), or equivalent professional experience.
- Outstanding interpersonal and customer service skills, responsive and respectful to KVH stakeholders, including donors, partners, consumers, etc.
- Excellent communicator with the ability to build rapport and trust.
- Strong project management and organizational skills with attention to detail sufficient to manage a project with multiple contributors, tasks, and deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Suite. Other applications utilized include WordPress, Canva, Salesforce, and Airtable for which training can be provided. Must be willing and committed to learning new application technologies.
- Ability to adapt to changing situations, manage multiple priorities, meet deadlines, handle confidential information, and switch between different projects and tasks on short notice.
- Ability to be self-motivated and self-directed, working constructively both independently and in teams.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with many different stakeholders and constituencies.
- Must be willing to travel on a statewide basis to support meetings with coalition partners and community professionals. Instate travel is estimated 1-2 days per month.
- Reliable vehicle with valid driver’s license and auto insurance.
KVH is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are committed to building a team that is excellent and reflects the communities we serve. We are seeking candidates who are diverse in background, experience, race, color, national origin, gender identity, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, abilities, veteran status and other qualities. We encourage people of all backgrounds and experiences to apply.
Salary Range: $50,000 – 60,000 annually
This a full-time, exempt position at 40 hours per week. Days generally worked are Monday – Friday during normal business hours with occasional evening or weekend hours. Some instate travel is required, and mileage is reimbursed.
- Paid Holidays: 13 paid holidays that include: New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving, Friday after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Eve.
- Paid Time Off: Full time employees are eligible to accrue thirteen (13) days of PTO during a twelve (12) month working period.
- Health Savings Account: A monthly contribution ($440) is made to help cover out-of-pocket healthcare costs.
- Retirement: SIMPLE IRA participation with 3% employer contribution.
How to Apply
Please email your resume and contact information for three professional references and a cover letter explaining why you are a good fit for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications received on or before February 15, 2023 will receive priority review. Position is open until filled.
Kentucky Voices for Health (KVH) has been a respected voice of consumer advocates and a catalyst in health policy decision-making since 2007. As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit and nonpartisan coalition, we bring together individuals, advocates, community organizations, state agencies, and policymakers to address the underlying causes of poor health by connecting Kentuckians with opportunities to make change through policy advocacy.